Sunday 31 July 2011

Infernal... A dead script..?

A few years ago I wrote a script entitled Infernal... It was intended to mix up the action and thriller genres, a hybrid of films such as "Snatch" and "From Dusk Till Dawn".

Although I didn't go the Vampire route as I thought Vampires were being done to death (pardon the pun) and I didn't want to walk that tired ground... Instead I went for Demons intent on world (well UK) domination.

I kept the action fast, the dialogue loose and the humour hopefully laced its way through the entire thing.

I sent the script out and one set of producers came back to me... I got the initial "We love the idea... We really do... We'll be in touch."

I won't go into details but needless to say (as is often the case in the film industry) they picked up the script but decided to go another route with the base idea.

First change was to make it Vampires...

Anyway the film was made and released in the UK... You'll know it as the Cockney vs Vampires flick entiltled Dead Cert.

Recently a scriptwriter I admire, Todd Farmer, put out a blog regarding a screenplay he'd once written that'd never been used, despite something in a similar mould being made...

This blog inspired me so...

... I thought it was time to make my original script available for my readers, let them see what film I would have wanted to make... Looking at it myself I see the opportunity for a re-write that would put this script back in the game...

Who knows... I might do.

PDF of the script available via the link: http://www.garrycharles.co.uk/samples/infernal_fourth_draft.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment