Friday 9 October 2009

Gods in Spandex - Book Review







GODS IN SPANDEX

SUCCUBUS PRESS

ISBN: 9789529224098

I hate to admit it but I’m now of an age where I can remember the Golden age of the Video. I have clear memories of the battle between VHS and Beta Max.

God, I’m getting fucking old.

But I wouldn’t change being there for the world because, for one reason alone, it made reading GODS IN SPANDEX so much fun. This book is probably one of the most fun reference tomes ever released, a series of essays (of varying length) about some of the more obscure films to hit the screens in the 80’s.

These essays are given depth and feeling by being written by the people who where there, a fine mixture of actors and directors have all given freely their memories. Not all the films here are horror, but I was amazed at how many I remembered owning. 

Some of the essays are a little short and I’m sure some films weren’t that well remembered by the stars, probably due to the drug taking etc… but on the whole this is a great collection of tales.
Roll on the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment