Saturday 13 November 2010

My Kids are Mad

My two children, Chandler and Estelle are crazy.

I don't mean crazy in a bad way, but in the way that makes me laugh. When most kids are drawing flowers and cars, my two are drawing vampires and zombies.

I know that I must be to blame for this, doing what I do and all. But It's the amazingly silly things they say that really makes me smile.

Example one:

I was sat writing one day and Estelle came over to the desk (she was about 3 at the time) and climbed up on my lap.

She started, as kids do, fiddling with the things laying around my laptop and decided that a big book looked like an interesting place to spend some time.

"What's this?" she asked.

"It's a Thesaraus," I replied.

Her little eyes went wide with amazement and she looked from me, to the book and then back to me.

"Doe's it have dinosaurs in it?" she innocently asked.

When I explained the truth behind this wonderful tome she left, quite dissappointed.

Example two:

Walking to school a few weeks ago Chandler was talking non-stop as he tends to do most times. He was going on about everything and anything.

The mindless chat suddenly turned to Scotland.

"I want to go to Scotland," he stated and looked up at me. "Do you know why?" he asked.

"Why's that then?" I enquired.

"Because I love PIPEBAGS."

I tried, but it was impossible to hide the smile. He must have noted the reaction and, knowing it had amused me, he began to use any sentence that allowed him to use the word pipebags.

Well, it ended up being one of those times when if you hear a certain word again you are going to either scream or eat you own ears and I decided to put him straight.

"Chandler, they're not called bloody pipebags."

With this his younger sister stopped walking and turned to him. "You idiot," she said. "Everyone knows they're UNIBAGS."

KIDS, the never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment